A Sweet-Spicy Jam That Makes the Most of Fresh Strawberries
- 2 quarts of strawberries (or about 4 cups crushed strawberries)
- 1 cup minced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- Wash strawberries and remove stems. Crush strawberries in a large pot one layer at a time. Add jalapenos, lemon juice, and pectin, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a roiling boil, and boil hard one minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Skim foam. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rim clean, add lid and ring, and adjust until fingertip tight. Process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.