Maple Orange Bourbon Glazed Ham
- one spiral-cut bone-in ham (about 7-8 pounds)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (the real stuff, not the pancake syrup from the dollar store)
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a roasting pan with a rack, place ham on rack, fat side up. Using a small knife, lightly score the fat in a crosshatch pattern. Add a 1-1/2 cups water to the bottom of the ham, place ham in oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and syrupy.
- Brush the ham with half of the glaze, then continue baking, while glazing ham every 15 minutes until it's reached an internal temp of 130 F (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- IMPORTANT: The ham should get very brown, but the amount of sugar in this can start to burn. If you think your ham is geting there, cover it with foil that has been sprayed with non-stick spray (lest you rip off all that glaze). Once the ham is done, let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.