Short-Cut Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced
- 1 chuck roast, approximately 3 to 3-1/2 pounds
- 2 (10-1/2 oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 tsp. seasoning salt (like Lawry's or Morton's)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 4 TBS ketchup
- 1 cup sour cream
- egg noodles or pasta for serving
- Cut chuck roast into cubes (about 1-1/2 inches). Add onions and chuck roast to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup, whisking to combine. Add the soup mixture to the slow cooker, and stir until the meat is coated. Cover and cook on the LOW setting for 8 hours, or until the beef is super-tender.
- Just before serving, stir in the sour cream. Check for seasoning, adding more if needed. Serve over egg noodles, and if you are feeling extra-fancy, garnish with a little parsley.