Mom's Pound Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter (preferably room temperature)
- 6 eggs (preferably room temperature)
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract (seriously, dude)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a standard Bundt pan and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, or until you're sure it's not going to fly all over the place. Increase speed to medium and mix for 10 minutes, stopping once halfway through to scrape down the sides.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until done.
- Remove pan from oven and place on cooling rack for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto cake plate and let cool completely.