Maple-Mustard Grilled Lamb Chops
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 racks of lamb
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut lamb racks into individual chops. If your butcher will do this for you, go for it. Place lamb chops in a large, resealable zip-top bag.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, whisking well. Pour marinade over lamb, shaking bag well to coat. Place bag in a large bowl (just in case it leaks), and refrigerate at least 6 hours. Turn the bag occasionally to ensure even marinating.
- Remove lamb from bag, discarding marinade. Salt and pepper both sides of the lamb chops. Grill over medium-high heat until desired doneness, 3-4 minutes per side. You can serve these as an appetizer or an entrée.