Dulce De Leche Pumpkin Pie
1) Place pie shell on cookie sheet. Spoon dollops of dulce de leche into piecrust, spreading to edges. Place prepared piecrust in refrigerator.
2) Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in pumpkin and next 7 ingredients until smooth. Whisk in milk. Pour filling into prepared piecrust. Bake at 375° on bottom oven rack for 48 to 50 minutes or until pie is just set (center will still jiggle just slightly). Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish, if desired, but do so immediately before serving.
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell or you can use homemade or refrigerated pie crust
- ¾ cup canned dulce de leche
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, toffee bits