Crispy Potatoes with Leeks, Lemon and Honey
1) Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Gently poach the potatoes for 10 minutes, or until just tender when pierced with a fork. You don't want them to be completely mushy or they will fall apart when you try to pan fry them. Drain the potatoes, cut in half, and dry thoroughly.
2) Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter, add the leeks and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until softened, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
3) In the same pan, heat the olive oil. Put the potatoes cut-side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes; flip and repeat on the skin side. Add back the leeks, drizzle with the honey and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon zest. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes or small yellow potatoes
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 leek, halved, thoroughly washed and sliced up to pale green part
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon