- 1 1/8 cups water (70 to 80 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups flour (Bread flour is ok too).
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order listed. Select dough setting. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 20 portions. Shape each into a ball; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush warm breadsticks with butter.