We had a nice weekend, and with the help of my industrious husband, we enjoyed a wonderful Sunday dinner. While I whipped up some Chicken and Sausage Spaghetti, he broke out the bread machine. I love it when we does that…what girl wouldn’t be giddy when her husband bakes for her?
My husband knew his way around a bread machine long before he met me, and his repertoire included homemade cinnamon rolls, oat bread and breadsticks. Our busy schedules have not allowed much time for baking lately, so when I heard he was mixing up a batch of Garlic Breadsticks, I practically swooned.
Want to try ’em? Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/8 cups water (70 to 80 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups flour (Bread flour is ok too).
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order listed. Select dough setting. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 20 portions. Shape each into a ball; roll each into a 9-in. rope. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Brush warm breadsticks with butter.
Trust me, they are dang tasty.