The weather has been cold and wet around here, and between mopping my floors every two hours and trying to exercise with some degree of regularity, I’ve been falling behind on everything else. I’ve got a major case of the post-holiday “blahs,” and I need to snap out of it. I think a something warm is in order, don’t you?
Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 large package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini (I think it’s about 20 ounces?)
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
1) Cook tortellini according to package directions.
2) Combine all remaining ingredients, except tortellini and parmesan cheese, in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add tortellini and continue cooking until thoroughly heated.
3) Garnish with parmesan cheese.