I finished up a couple of knits, just in time to cast on my project for the Ravellenics, which is plodding along:
Yarn: Berroco Vintage in Paprika colorway
Needles: US 8
Notes/Mods: Knitted as written, and it was my first time doing a provisional cast on. Pattern is super-easy. Many people add a faux fur pompom on top, but I decided to pass on that.
Pattern: The PussyHat Project (Also free on Ravelry)
Yarn: Brown Sheep Natures Spun Worsted in Cherry Delight Colorway
Needles: US 7 and 8
Notes and Mods: I had no desire to seam a hat, so I stalked other projects on Ravelry and adapted the pattern to knit in the round with a three-needle bind off. I made the brim too long, but doubled over, it fits Bean perfectly. If I make another for myself, I’ll shorten the brim a little to ensure the hat fits as intended.