I thank God on a regular basis for my husband.
Seriously, women everywhere want to push me off a cliff, so that they can get their grubby hands on him. My husband works his tail off, comes home, plays with the kids, helps with the housework, and treats me like a princess. He regularly cooks, cleans, bakes, fixes and does just about everything you could wish for. Don’t get me wrong, he is still an Alpha-guy, and keeps me grounded. And after about 9 years of living together, I am sure there are now some things he wishes he knew before he married me:
- It is his job to investigate all mysterious sounds I hear at night.
- He must kill all bugs, like now…not in a minute, NOW.
- He must reach all high things, as I am too lazy to drag out the step stool.
- I am allergic to yard work, plumbing issues, and anything else I label as gross.
- This includes cleaning out the Tupperware with the unknown, month-old forgotten food in it.
- A southern lady does not open her own beer or wine. It’s also his job to open jars, carve meat and handle raw poultry…because that’s gross too.
- I am not a morning person…and not just mildly. It’s almost a disability. I am so grouchy and snarly in the morning, that you must maintain a safe perimeter until I’ve emerged from my psychosis. Maybe that is where Demon Baby got it?
- My luck with automobiles is so bad that it also may be classified as a disability (did I mention that I got rear-ended at Wal-Mart last month?)
- I will stick my cold feet on him when he least expects it, because after all, it is also his job to warm me up when I am cold.
With a list like that, it’s a wonder HE hasn’t pushed me off a cliff either. That’s why I am a lucky girl, I guess!